Title: Development Coordinator
Immediate Supervisor: Town Clerk/Treasurer and the President of the Dalhousie Business Improvement Area Corporation
The Town of Dalhousie and the Dalhousie Business Improvement Area Corporation (DBIAC) are seeking to hire a dynamic and energetic individual to fill the position of Development Coordinator. The incumbent will be responsible to plan, organize, supervise and coordinate cultural and community activities. The Development Coordinator will also be responsible to promote the town’s cultural and tourism attractions.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Development Coordinator’s duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Organize DBIAC board meetings, take minutes, correspondence, and prepare committee reports.
• Participate in the town of Dalhousie’s Cultural Committee.
• Organize and coordinate the annual Christmas Parade, the Musical Thursdays, the Wednesday Movie Night and work with the Bon Ami Committee.
• Organize and coordinate the sale of DBIAC dollars.
• Develop, implement and sustain various networks and promote collaboration amongst merchants, cultural interveners, educational and community services.
• Prepare funding applications from both levels of government and other sources as deemed necessary for the DBIAC and Town committee projects.
• Attend Restigouche Tourism Association meetings.
• Attend seminars and professional development sessions of interest to the DBIAC and the Town.
• Other duties as may be determined.
Skills and Abilities
• Ability to work with volunteers and community committees.
• A high degree of knowledge in social media: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.
• Computer skills should include but not limited to : Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Quicken
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in both official languages.
• Demonstrate strong leadership and organizational
• Excellent networking and interpersonal skills to interact with Council, Committees, senior government officials, management staff, and members of the public.
• Excellent problem solving, decision making, and negotiation skills
• College or university degree in cultural development, recreation or other related education or training.
• Experience in working with non for profit organizations would be an asset
The compensation package for this position will be within a competitive range and commensurate with the successful candidate’s qualifications and experience.
To confidentially explore this opportunity you are invited to submit your resume and cover letter and three references, by email, in Microsoft Word or PDF format to: Gilles Legacy, by email at: email@example.com no later than November 20th, at 2pm.
We thank all those who submit an application; we will contact only those selected for further consideration.